Thursday, April 9, 2009

Shooting the Messenger

In Michigan, with some of our insurance carriers, we (agents) must provide what we sometimes feel are silly items to the company. We agree with the clients. "why do they want or need that?".... We say the same thing. But, our job is to deliver to the company what they need to keep a client's rate intact.

Most good agents will explain this to their clients. They'll understand that it's not Joanne asking for this information, it's Joanne doing her job of keeping your coverage where we want it to be.

I've had a couple incidents this week where clients get pretty irritated (and of course, part of my job is that it can be taken out on me or our support staff - comes with the territory - it's still a great job most of the time!)

So, if this has ever happened to you Mr. or Mrs. Client (and 80% of the time things are pretty smooth), please don't feel picked on. Every company requires different proof of this or proof of that and it might require me to chase you down for further info. I'd prefer not to do it, too. But, I want you to receive the deal you signed up for with me. Hang in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment